Deakin Student Legal Service
Deakin Student Legal Service (DSLS) provides free and confidential legal advice, information, referral and education to currently enrolled Deakin University students. Legal advice is provided by qualified lawyers.
DSLS is a partnership between Deakin University Student Association (DUSA), Eastern Community Legal Centre and Barwon Community Legal Service.
DSLS can advise on legal matters such as:
- Fines / Infringements
- Motor Vehicle accidents (not TAC)
- Debt / Bills / Consumer problems including Scams
- Tenancy / Housing
- Employment Law including Sexual Harassment and Bullying
- Stalking & Family Violence
- Family Law
- Reporting Sexual Assault
- Minor Criminal Matters
- Victims of Crime Assistance
- Student Visas / Migration Law
DSLS Resources also provides helpful information on common legal issues affecting students.
Do you need legal advice? Complete the Online Legal Query Form to request a free appointment with a DSLS lawyer or migration agent.
For law students interested in volunteering with DSLS, please see the information for Volunteers.