Community legal education
Eastern Community Legal Centre (ECLC) provides compassionate, culturally sensitive and non-judgmental legal education sessions for community groups and organisations.
We offer Community Legal Education (CLE) on a range of topics, including:
- Family Law
- Family Violence and Intervention Orders
- Youth and the Law
- Resolving neighbourhood disputes
- Common legal issues for older people
- The legal system and legal rights – how a community legal centre can help
- Other topics relevant to communities and agencies.
If you would like to book a CLE session, we require:
- At least 4 weeks notice
- A minimum of 6 people. Please confirm that you have the required number of participants one week prior to your session.
If we are unable to deliver a CLE session as requested, we can provide you with alternative options or information for the interested groups.
ECLC works with the community in a range of ways. For more information, please refer to our CLE factsheet.
Free online professional development workshops
For community professionals and service providers in Melbourne’s east.
All sessions will be delivered using Zoom video.
Elder abuse and gambling harm
Delivered in partnership with Gambler’s Help – EACH
Tuesday, 15th September 2020
10am – 11:30am
Family violence/Intervention orders
Tuesday 27th October 2020
10am – 11.30am
Thursday 26th November 2020
1.30pm – 3pm
Tuesday 8th December 2020
3pm – 4.30pm