Diary date: ECLC’s AGM 25 November 2019
The AGM theme of ‘Communities Collaborating’ will showcase a year of great developments and increasing support for community members in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne through:
- The launch of ECLC’s Strategic Plan 2020-23 and Annual Report 2018/19
- A preview screening of OPERA videos featuring stories of older people who are defying some of the ageist stereotypes in our communities
- Updates on ECLC’s response to elder abuse
- New initiatives to address family violence
- Acknowledgement of ECLC’s great partners and colleagues.
Guest speaker: Dylan Langley – Youth Consultant and Public Speaker
Dylan is an inspiration to young people with an out-of-home care experience.
He is the face of the Home Stretch campaign being spearheaded by Anglicare to extend the care for young people aged 18-21 years in out-of-home care.
Dylan is also a member of the Youth Advisory group, inspired by the Brighter Futures Initiative for the Outer East Area Partnership that is providing lived experience and a youth voice to create change for future generations of young people in out-of-home care.
Brighter Futures Outer East is a unique approach to supporting young people who have been in foster care, residential care or kinship care. It works with a diverse group of community partners in the Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges regions to connect young people with members of their local community who can help them achieve their goals in life.
Come to ECLC’s AGM to find out more and be inspired.
When: 3-5pm, Monday 25 November 2019
Ringwood Bowls Club Inc
2-12 Loughnan Road
Ringwood Vic 3134