Where else to get help

Generalist Legal Centres

Generalist legal centres provide advice and assistance in many areas of law, to people who live, work or study in a certain area.

For example, ECLC services the Eastern Metropolitan Region (EMR).

If you live in another area, please contact your nearest Community Legal Centre.

Specialist Legal Centres

Specialist legal centres provide advice in specific areas of law, such as consumer complaints, domestic violence, environment and planning, employment, tenancy and immigration. Some legal services specifically cater for Indigenous people, families, students, refugees, women and young people.

Search for a specialist legal centre via the Federation of Community Legal Centres.

Other Services


Family Violence Support Services
safe steps Family Violence Response Centre
(formerly Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service)
Phone: 1800 015 188 / (03) 9322 3555
24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Men’s Referral Service
Phone: 1300 766 491

Federation of Community Legal Centres
(to find your local centre)
Phone: (03) 9652 1500
www.fclc.org.au or www.communitylaw.org.au

Victoria Legal Aid
Metro: (03) 9269 0120
Country: 1800 677 402

Magistrates’ Court of Victoria

Victoria Police
Phone in an emergency: 000

Victims of Crime Helpline
Phone: 1800 819 817

Page updated August 25, 2020
Go To Top